Posted on: July 26, 2018
In an online era, what’s the value of an insurance broker?
Do you need an insurance broker?
These days with nearly everything at our fingertips with the click of a button, is there any need for an insurance broker? Before we can answer that question, it’s worth understanding what an insurance broker is, and what they do.
An insurance broker is a qualified professional that can give you advice on your insurance solution. We work on behalf of you, the client, and not the insurers. We work with you and help you to understand and manage the risks facing you or your business, and then recommend an insurance solution.
The value of using an insurance broker.
You’re the expert at running your business, and we’re the experts in insuring it. We’ve spent years studying, developing and maintaining our insurance credentials so that we understand insurance inside and out, especially the differences between insurance policies. We can help you understand what’s included and excluded. Not all policies are created equal, and you may find some online that are really cheap but when it comes down to it, when you really need it, it may not cover what you assume it does. Unfortunately these nuanced differences can mean a significantly different outcome if you need to make a claim, and a few hours of Googling isn’t likely to cut it when it comes to understanding the fine print in your policy wording.
You probably don’t get very excited about buying insurance, but it’s a layer of protection that most of us understand the need for. Those of us who have experienced a claim might already well understand the value of a broker – peace of mind that you have the right insurance solution in place, someone to advocate for you with the insurer and a lot less time on hold on the phone waiting to talk to a real person!
Just like using a professional accountant or lawyer, making sure that you get expert advice and assistance with your insurance can be well worth it – financially and so you can rest easy knowing you’re in good hands.
Why choose GIA Insurance Brokers to be your insurance broker?
If you haven’t used an insurance broker or GIA Insurance Brokers for your insurance needs previously, you may not be aware of the benefits we can bring you or your business. Here are some of the top reasons you should give us a call to discuss your insurance needs:
- With four branches across South Australia, we’re part of YOUR community. We understand how you do business and your unique risks. We face the same ones. We’re not a nameless, faceless call centre.
- We’re SME business owners helping other business owners. We’re family members helping other family members. We care about our clients and making sure they get a good insurance solution at a competitive price.
- We’ve spent years to earn and maintain our qualifications and develop experience and understanding that cannot be matched through Googling insurance directly online yourself for a few hours.
- We can access insurance solutions that aren’t available online, and in some cases are only available through brokers.
- We’re part of a network of nearly 350 authorised broker businesses called Community Broker Network (CBN). Through CBN, we’re able to access packages that are exclusively available through our network, that have been leveraged by CBN’s size and scale for the benefit of clients.
- We attend ongoing learning and development to stay on top of emerging risks so we have the most up to date insurance information to respond to these changes.
- If you have a ‘risky risk’ or difficult to place risk that you’ve not been able to find insurance you’re satisfied with, we have access to a huge range of insurer and underwriting partners, giving you the best chance of getting a reasonable deal.
- If you need to make a claim you know we’re here for you, advocating for you and following up to make sure things are progressing, saving you time, hassle and heartache.
Get a quote from one of our insurance brokers.
Are you ready to get a free, no-obligation quotation from one of our insurance brokers? Even just to give your insurance a good review and make sure you have good cover at a good price. Contact us today by clicking here or calling (08) 8582 1277.